if you’ve recently bought a Windows computer or want to perform a clean Windows OS(operating system) installation you will need a Windows ISO file. You might be owning an original Windows installation disk, but if you misplace the original installation disk, Then, what would you do?
Usually, you could borrow the ISO files from a friend and make a bootable disk or USB. Or you may visit different file-sharing websites to download Windows ISO files. Sometimes downloading windows files from those sites are illegal and could bring a high chance of malware infection.
Instead of borrowing from friends or visiting those notorious websites, I will show you some source where you can download Windows ISO legally for free and later, you can make a bootable USB (or burn a DVD) from those files.
So, let's find out how to free download Windows 10, 8 ISO file legally?
Download Windows 10, 8 ISO files using Microsoft’s media creation tool
- Click to open, if asked, give permissions to make changes to your computer, and accept the license terms.
- On the dialog window that asks 'What do you want to do?', select the 'Create installation media for another PC' and proceed.
- Now continue next after filling the basic information like language, edition, architecture etc.
- Next, select a option, which depending upon on the fact that you want to create a boot-able USB drive (capacity must be 3GB or larger) or download an ISO file to burn a DVD.
- In the next step, choose the location where you want to save the Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 ISO file.
Download Windows ISO files using third party tools
Heudoc.net provide a free tool to download genuine Windows. With the simple interface, this will let you choose the Windows version( 7, 8.1 and 10), as well as the different version of Office ISO files legally directly from Microsoft's servers.